What is this Podcast about?
The Vertical Farming Podcast is the #1 show dedicated to the Vertical Farming market. Tune in every week for fascinating conversations with CEOs, Founders and luminaries from the exciting and fast-growing world of Vertical Farming.
- S1E1 - It’s Time For the Industry to Grow Up The Vertical Farming Podcast 46:18
- S1E2 - The Biggest Challenges Facing Indoor Agriculture The Vertical Farming Podcast 32:24
[su_accordion][su_spoiler title=”Episode 1″ open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
- Source – It’s Time For the Industry to Grow Up
An interview with David Farquhar of Intelligent Growth Solutions
Join Harry Duran, host of Vertical Farming Podcast, as he welcomes to the show serial entrepreneur and CEO of Intelligent Growth Solutions, David Farquhar. In this episode, Harry and David break down the emergence of vertical farming technologies, opportunities that have been created due to the current global pandemic, and projects that David and his team have been working on within his organization.
- 01:36 — David and Harry discuss the impact of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and the importance of leadership during this difficult time
- 07:48 — Opportunities David sees in the marketplace for his organization, Intelligent Growth Solutions
- 12:53 — David’s background in business and technology
- 22:16 — How the emergence of global technologies like vertical farming can impact the future of our society
- 29:50 — David expounds on the direct impact that weather, handling and ventilation have on vertical farming
- 41:54 — What is something David has changed his mind about recently
- 43:46 — Where listeners can follow David and IGS
[/su_spoiler] [su_spoiler title=”Episode 2″ open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
- Source – The Biggest Challenges Facing Indoor Agriculture
A conversation with Louisa Burwood-Taylor of AgFunder News
Join Harry Duran, host of Vertical Farming Podcast, as he welcomes to the show AgTech journalist, Louisa Burwood-Taylor.
As a journalist and editor, Louisa covers food tech, agriculture, venture capital investment and corporate innovation within the indoor agriculture industry.
In this episode, Harry and Louisa discuss the societal impact of indoor agriculture and vertical farming, the emergence of competition, and the biggest threats and challenges currently facing this niche industry.
- 02:00 — Louisa’s background in AgTech journalism and how she became passionate about this topic
- 07:06 — The origin story behind AgFunder News
- 09:35 — Louisa shares her thoughts on the developments being made in vertical farming
- 15:24 — Harry and Louisa discuss the emergence of competition and other players entering the indoor agriculture industry
- 20:28 — Louisa speaks to why the timing is right for our society to embrace vertical farming and best practices companies are putting into place
- 22:51 — The three biggest challenges facing indoor agriculture and what has Louisa excited about the future of the industry
- 28:01 — Concerns with Genetically Modified Organism (GMO) foods
- 31:03 — Where listeners can follow Louisa and AgFunder News